Allegra B. Reiber
What I do
I teach primarily first-and second year courses in the department including First-Year Seminar and serve as the Credit Transfer Specialist for the Department of Mathematics, providing approval and information to students with transfer and study abroad coursework in mathematics.
mathematics education, inquiry-based learning, online learning
- EDD, Curriculum and Instruction, Mathematics Education Concentration, University of Denver, 2020
- MS, Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, 2006
Licensure / Accreditations
- Certified to teach online (Teaching Online Workshop)
- Mathematical Association of America
I have had the privilege to contribute to research and innovation in curriculum development for undergraduates including the 2012-2013 $20K NSM Hybrid Courses Initiative as well as design of professional development for K-8 teachers through partnership with Morgridge College of Education including the "Improving Teacher Quality" $300K grant (funded by Colorado Department of Education), 2011-2012 with PIs Kent Seidel and Nicole (Russell) Joseph, and collaborators Mindy Adair, Jeff Farmer, Jodi Holzman, and Mindy Adair. I have presented/co-presented on efforts in pedagogy at MAA MathFest, regional meetings, campus-wide conferences and workshops, the MSU Teacher-Scholar Forum, and a research poster pre-session at the NCTM annual conference.
- Pioneer Award-Faculty 2013-2014, Office of Student Activities
- CRB Faculty Member of the Year, Office of Student Conduct-Conduct Review Board