Professor and Wombel Chair
What I do
Astrophysics teaching and research.
astronomy, astrophysics, telescopes, infrared detectors, high resolution spectroscopy, polarimetry, interferometry, data analysis, computational models and related.
- Ph.D., Astronomy, University of Michigan
- American Astronomical Society
- International Astronomical Union
- International Dark Sky Association
- Building the First Polarimeter using Stress-Engineered Optics for Astronomy
- Epsilon Aurigae in Total Eclipse, 2010 - Revealing the Transiting Disk
- MIPS Infrared Imaging of AGB Dust Shells (MIRIAD): Tracing Mass-loss Histories in the Extremely Large Shells Around Evolved Stars.
- STARS: Science Through Astronomical Research on Starts
- TNTCAM MARK II - A New Mid-Infrared Instrument
- 2016 - invited - Interferometric Studies of Disk-Eclipsed Binary Star Systems
- 2018 MESA calculations of the evolutionary state of the interacting binary epsilon Aurigae
- Neighborhood Stars: recognition for making positive difference to the neighborhood
- Neighborhood Stars: recognition for making positive difference to the neighborhood, Denver Intra-Neighborhood Council (INC)