Associate Professor; Associate Dean
What I do
Associate Dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; Associate Professor in the Mathematics Department.
Dr. Ormes is currently the Associate Dean of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Denver. Research interests include topological dynamics and ergodic theory. In his position as Assoc. Dean, he is responsible for curriculum, student affairs, inclusive excellence, mentoring programs and STEM activities in NSM. Dr. Ormes still teaches the courses in the Department of Mathematics.
- BS, Mathematics, University of Delaware
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Maryland
Several of my projects involve ideas around orbit equivalence of minimal Cantor systems. Others focus on complexity for symbolic dynamical systems.
Areas of Research
- 2017 Pingree Park Dynamical Systems School
- Outstanding Faculty Service Award, NSM
- Excellence in Teaching Award, NSM
- Faculty Service Award, DU