Mission and Values
The Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Denver is comprised of five departments: Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Geography and the Environment, Mathematics, and Physics and Astronomy.
Working together, we prepare a diverse community of undergraduate and graduate students with knowledge and understanding of science and mathematics through the promotion of experiential education and excellence in research.
To carry out this mission successfully, we are focused on:
- Building pipelines that ensure equitable access to education and opportunities for all members of our community
- Creating space for positive interactions that result in interdisciplinary collaborations in research and teaching
- Increasing access to undergraduate research and other interactive forms of learning
- Strengthening support for graduate students to ensure their success and quality of life
- Empowering all students to use critical thinking to ethically and skillfully solve real world problems
- Advancing research development and educational innovation to support a world-class faculty
By embracing these values, we will serve as a catalyst to increase literacy in both natural and mathematical sciences and create informed citizens who will steward future generations into a sustainable world.