Stellar Mass Loss
This research revolves around stellar mass loss process. More broadly, we investigate:
- stellar evolution, especially the late stages from the red giant to the planetary nebula phases;
- astropaleontology, the study of the past evolution of astronomical sources through investigation of the circumsource material distribution;
- radiative transfer in dusty media;
- infrared observations of dusty media;
- and astromineralogy, the composition and formation of circumstellar and interstellar dust.
We utilize various space- and ground-based observatories around the world, including the Hubble Space Telescope and the Mauna Kea and European Southern Observatories.