Students Travel Funds
The Department of Mathematics has a limited amount of funds to support students traveling to math events. We award up to $1,500 to undergraduate students and up to $4,000 to graduate students (as a group) every academic year.
Funding for student travel is made possible in part by the John G. Daly Endowment for Travel and Research Support and the Math Gift Fund. We thank our alumni and donors for their continued support!
If you are planning to attend an event (conference, workshop, summer school, etc) and would like to apply for departmental assistance, please fill out and submit the student travel request form.
The following conditions apply to your request.
- Travel must occur within six months of application deadline.
- Preference will be given to students presenting at an event.
- Funds are distributed as a reimbursement, with original receipts delivered to Assistant to the Chair, Susan Bolton, upon completion of the trip.
- Travel advances will be awarded only exceptionally and in well justified situations.
- Only electronic applications will be considered.